WATERVLIET, NY – In 1910, the first St. Peter Armenian Church ‘Picnic’ was held in Green Island (it would move to Troy in later years). Fast forward 107 years, this small community picnic has become known to the Greater Capital District as the annual “Armenian Festival” held on the scenic and spacious grounds of the St. Peter Armenian Church in Watervliet.
The Armenian Festival has become one of the summer’s most anticipated events with hundreds attending the weekend of food and festivities. Ever expanding, ever evolving, the 2017 ARMENIAN FESTIVAL is fast approaching with even more exciting changes in store. Mark your calendar for this expanded two-day event.
SATURDAY, JUNE 3 ~ 12:00 noon to 8:00 p.m.
SUNDAY, JUNE 4 ~ 12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m.
In addition to delicious Armenian foods and pastries, there are many exciting highlights to this year’s festivities, including:
- LIVE Armenian Music all weekend featuring the John Vartan Ensemble
- The Hye Burger – an authentic Armenian-style burger, back again by popular demand
- Our traditional Chicken and Lamb Kebabs Dinners and Value Meals
- New for 2017! – An expanded vegetarian menu
- Carnival Games for children and adults of all ages to enjoy
- Dance performances by the youth of St. Peter Armenian Church
- Armenian and non-Armenian Gift Items will be available for purchase from a variety of local vendors
- Raffle prizes
- Covered outdoor dining in the Postoian Pavilion or air conditioned seating inside the Church
Come and experience everything the Armenian culture has to offer. As always, parking and admission are free.
Contact the St. Peter Armenian Church office at email@example.com or (518) 274-3673 or for Sponsorship opportunities, to purchase raffle tickets, or for more information.